My landlord is a yoga instructor in Singapore. She wants to start a blog to promote her yoga classes by inviting online readers to her classes.
She’s lack of IT knowledge. I googled that WordPress, Tumblr and Blogger are the big three platforms. Which one is the best for her? As a beginner, she just needs the basic stuff. So I think that I will recommend WordPress free hosting at wordpress.com.
What are your thoughts?
Yes, I agree with you that WordPress.com is the best choice for her to start because,
- WordPress publishing platform is easy to use and highly intuitive.
- If she ever decides to go full swing into online content marketing, she could host her own blog or website using WordPress software, thus, the transition would be easier since she’d be already familiar with WordPress UI. Please don’t be confused with WordPress.com and WordPress.org. Here’s a video comparison of these two.
- WordPress platform is the world’s most popular CMS (Content Management System), owning over 60% market share
- WordPress has more widgets and plugins compared to the rest like Tumblr or Blogger.
- Tumblr is not a web publishing tool per se. It’s more like a social media platform. Hence, it does not meet her requirements
- Blogger is rather old with old UI. Not as intuitive to use and not so mobile-friendly either.
My other suggestion is she could also host her own website with own domain name and web hosting for absolutely free! Check out this domain name and web hosting course to find out how. To learn to use WordPress, she can study this course.