EU Personal Data
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined in the EU Privacy Notice below.
When your register with us and become a Kodorra Member, when you choose to teach or attend a course, we will ask you for Personal Data. “Personal Data” refers to information about you that can be used to contact or individually identify you. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, but does not include your credit card number or billing information. Transactions on Kodorra involving your billing and payment information are processed by PayPal and Stripe and are subject to their privacy policies. We do not store any of the credit card or banking information that you provide to these payment processors.
Any Personal Data or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users for any reason. Your profile pages (“Profile”) and any online courses you participate in are typically publicly available.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us.
Information About Cookies
Some Cookies are placed by a third party on your device and may provide information to us and third parties about your browsing habits (such as your visits to our Site or Services, the pages you have visited and the links and advertisements you have clicked). These Cookies can be used to determine whether certain third party services are being used, to identify your interests, to retarget advertisements to you and to serve advertisements to you that we or others believe are relevant to you. We do not control third party Cookies. To find our more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Third Party Advertising
We may serve advertisements, and also allow third party ad networks, including third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms, to serve advertisements through the Services. These advertisements may be targeted to users who fit certain general profile categories or display certain preferences or behaviors (“Interest-Based Ads”). Information for Internet-Based Ads (including Personal Data) may be provided to us by you, or derived from the usage patterns of particular users on the Services and/or services of Third Parties (but will not include your name, address, email address or telephone number). Such information may be gathered through tracking users’ activities across time and unaffiliated properties. To accomplish this, we or our service providers may deliver Cookies, including a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Web beacons allow ad networks to view, edit or set their own Cookies on your browser, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
We do not share your Personal Data with advertisers without your consent. However, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a Cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected.
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from users, including without limitation Personal Data, as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Data is treated, transferred, or used.
Transfers to the United States
EU Privacy Notice
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
What Personal Data Do You Collect From Me?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Location information (limited to city, state, zip code, country, and time zone)
- Links to your social media accounts
- Any other information you choose to share publicly on the Services
Information We Receive From Third Party Sources
Some third parties such as our business partners and service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Account information for third party services. If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Services (e.g., Facebook Connect), or if you share content from our Services through a third party social media service, the third party service will send us information about you, such as information from your public profile, if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third party service.
- Information from our advertising partners. We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications.
Information We Automatically Collect
Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- IP address
- Your activity on the Services
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.).
- Location information (e.g. IP address)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
Other Processing Grounds
From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How and With Whom Do You Share My Data?
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Ad networks and marketing tools
- Analytics service providers
- Engineering and development tools
- Staff and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
How Long Do You Retain My Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do You Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
What Rights Do I Have Regarding My Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please contact us.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access your Personal Data by contacting us.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by making changes to your Profile. You can request that we correct or supplement such data by contacting us.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems by contacting us.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
Transfers of Personal Data
By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Kodorra and you authorize Kodorra to transfer, store and process your information in Malaysia, the U.S., and possibly other countries.
What If I Have Questions?