This compelling seminar teaches you the “what, why, when, how” of starting an online business and strategies to make you a successful online entrepreneur. It has been structured for the context of Sarawak and it covers all the basic and practical knowledge for you to begin your online business and common mistakes you should avoid. Plus, proven-to-work strategies on setting up your online company with the least cost possible.
Discover secrets like how you can build another Facebook, Uber or AirBnB in less than 24 hours. No IT skills needed! You will learn how to start your online business from generating ideas to how to promote them.
Reviews of the Seminar
Here is some interesting feedback we received from the participants.
“I think it’s kinda useful for those who are interested to do online business. I’ve learned a lot of things that I didn’t know about, which I feel is really cool” – Jenny Wong
“Today’s workshop is awesome and keep it up. I learned a lot of new things from your workshop. Thank you very much” – Mohd Syafiq
“Great workshop with many marketing tools that I have never used before” – Selwynn Edward
“Nice workshop for new entrepreneur. Gained useful information” – Cindy Sim
“Interesting, covered a lot of basics and gave good ideas, examples and websites to refer to. Looking forward to other sessions – Instagram marketing, eCommerce” – Kiran Sandhu
“This seminar How to Start Your Online Business is awesome!” – Norhasimah Hassan
“Awesome and beneficial. Giving this seminar 5 stars” – Ronnie Ula
Photos taken during the seminar
What Will You Learn
- Understand the different types of online businesses and the differences between them and traditional businesses.
- Know the common online business mistakes and how to avoid them
- Analyze various business models for online business
- Learn how to generate and analyze ideas for your online business and evaluate their feasibilities and viability in their markets.
- Discover insightful never-been-seen analysis of successful local and overseas online businesses and what you can learn from them. Some of the remarkable success stories are from Google, Uber, Grab, JobStreet, Groupon, CarList, Mudah and more.
- Get into the details of how to brainstorm for a business name and understanding what is a domain name and web hosting and the do’s and don’ts of registering them.
- Implement proven-to-work strategies to maximize your online visibility and reduce workload with minimum cost
- Discover secrets on how you can build another Facebook, Uber or AirBnB in less than 24 hours
- Find out secrets and methods on how to build your online product or service with the minimum cost and time
- Learn a variety of online marketing techniques that you could promote your business without the cost – social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing and affiliate marketing.
Why Should You Attend
- As the Sarawak government is spearheading the drive towards the digital economy, this seminar is the stepping stone that you should take to enter the Internet industry. Here is a compelling Malaysia digital economy statistics to prove that Internet commerce is the future.
- Anyone that wishes to start their own online business or extend their existing business online
- This seminar has been structured for the context of Sarawak
- Basic knowledge on how to use the Internet
- Introduction to online business
- Types of online businesses and how they work
- Differences between online and traditional “offline” business
- Advantages and disadvantages of online business
- Typical business models for online business
- Common online business mistakes and how to avoid them
- Discover insightful never-been-seen analysis of successful local and overseas online businesses and what to learn from them, such as Google, Uber, Grab, JobStreet, Groupon, Carlist, Mudah and more.
- How to generate ideas for online business
- How to share ideas without being copied
- Unique selling proposition (USP) of your online business
Lunch Break – Food and Drinks are Provided
- Brandstorming – finding a name for your online business
- Do’s and don’ts for a brand name and domain name
- How to search and register for a domain name, with the least work and minimal cost
- What is a web hosting service and how to host your website with recommendations on best providers
- Proven-to-work strategies to maximize your online visibility and reduce workload with minimum cost
- Low-cost methods to build your first MVP (minimum viable product)
- Secrets to building another Facebook, Uber or AirBnb in 24 hours and how to hire very affordable IT programmers, online marketers and more
- How to launch your online business
- Understanding email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), social media, affiliate marketing, content marketing, paid and free advertisement in online business
Trainer Profile – Melvin Wong (Sarawakian)
- Current business mentor at Magic Sarawak and the South Bay Entrepreneurial Center in Los Angeles. Also a mentor at AngelHack US
- 12 years of online business experience in 17 countries – U.S, U.K, Finland, France, Australia, Israel, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, China
- Owned 16 online products and services
- Former CEO of FanXT/Just Mobile, an online game and mobile apps company that was acquired by an American/Japanese company in 2016. This company owned an MSC-status with tax breaks for 10 years
- Sold eMemorial, online memorial website to The Star, Malaysia’s No.1 English newspaper (2016)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) from Nottingham Trent University, U.K (2001)
- Country representative in Global Entrepreneurship Week event in the White House in U.S (2012)
- Country representative for 3 weeks of entrepreneurship program, hosted by U.S State Department in U.S (2012)
- Speaker at Global Entrepreneurship Summit, officiated by U.S President Barack Obama (2013)
- Winner of RM1 million investment in Make The Pitch business reality TV show in Malaysia (2012)
- 2-time grant recipient from MCMC’s Networked Content Development Grant (NCDG)
- Speaker for iGaming Congress in Macau (2012)
- Trainer for SingTel telecommunications company in Singapore (2009)
- Trainer of “Build Your eCommerce Website in 8 Hours” business course (2007)
- Mentor for Malaysia Developers’ Day hackathon with MCMC and AT&T in Malaysia (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Judge and mentor for D3 mobile apps hackathon (2014)
- Mentor and judge at Appster Boss hackathon (2015)
- Over 1,100 answers on Quora.com
- Winner of National Intellectual Property Awards – Malaysia, 2014
- Global Innovation Through Science & Technology (GIST) Excellence Award (Top 1% of 1,500 GIST ventures in 54 countries) – U.S, 2013
- Winner of TIE Global All-Asia Business Competition – India, 2012
- Winner (Merit) of MSC Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) – Malaysia, 2011
- MIPTV Finalist for Content 360 Competition – France, 2010
NOTE: Due to the overwhelming response, we need to limit each participant to one ticket only.
Date & Time
Sat, Jul 15, 2017
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
This event is fully booked.