- 90 (Registered)
This course offers the fundamental knowledge of ICO (Initial Coin Offering) for any beginners – with or without experience in cryptocurrency. You may have heard that most ICOs are scams or majority fail within the first year. But not all ICOs are doomed from the start if you know what you’re doing. Successful ICOs such as Ethereum’s very own back in 2014 and some recent ones like Kik ($100 million), Bancor ($153 million), Telegram ($1.7 billion) and EOS ($4 billion) that raised billions of dollars in total.
The instructor was an ICO consultant for four ICO companies and the current Korean ambassador for StartupToken. He’s also the Global Chief Consultant of Korea Blockchain Entrepreneur Association (KOBEA).
You will discover the what, why and how an ICO works. Understand the entire structure of an ICO campaign and what are the processes involved in achieving its funding goal.
What Will I Learn?
- Know the basics of an ICO and understand the difference between ICO and traditional crowdfunding, venture capital and IPO (initial public offering).
- Analyze the historical and current ICO market trends.
- Discover the difference between a coin and a token.
- Find out the nature of tokenization and how you could embrace its strength for fundraising.
- Learn the true meaning of token economy by examples.
- Discover the difference between an ICO whitepaper and a business plan.
- Know the popular blockchains for ICO and why they are most commonly used.
- Understand the intrinsic processes involved in running an ICO campaign from top to bottom.
- Learn by examples on how token allocation should be tailored for an ICO.
- Learn what is an airdrop and bounty program and how they are conducted.
- Understand the importance of KYC (Know Your Customer) or AML (Anti Money Laundering) policy in an ICO campaign.
- General knowledge about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum is an advantage.
Understanding Coins and Tokens
How ICO Works
- Anatomy of an ICO Project
- Example of Anatomy of an ICO
- Difference Between ICO Whitepaper and Business Plan
- Popular Blockchain Platforms for ICO
- 4 Examples to Understand Token Issuance and Distribution
- Difference Between Private Sale, Pre-Sale and Main Sale
- Difference Between Discount and Bonus
- 5 Examples to Understand Different Token Stages
- What is KYC or AML
- What is Whitelist
- What is Airdrop and Its Purpose
- Where to Find Airdrop Campaigns
- How to Join an Airdrop Campaign
- How to View Your ICO Tokens
- How to View Your ICO Tokens Via MyEtherWallet
- How to View Your ICO Tokens Via MetaMask
- What Is a Bounty Program and Its Purpose
- Where to Find Bounty Programs
- How to Join a Bounty Program
It is like a beginning lecture for entering the ICO world.
This works well for absolute beginner like me.
Cryptocurrency and ICO are seemingly complicated and technical. But this course offers insights in layman's terms. A must for beginners who are still confused about ICO.